Emacs Python-mode. Newbie problem.

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Wed Jul 8 15:54:23 EDT 2009

>L> Hello!
>L> I have just started using Emacs to write python scripts.
>L> I installed python-mode.el

>L> Then I just tried this code:

>L> print 'hello world'

>L> When I press C-c RET, new blank window is opened and emacs says:
>L> (Shell command succeeded with no output)
>L> So where is my 'hello world'?

>L> When I do C-c C-c, it prints 'hello world' successfully.
>L> Why in the first case I get no output?

Can you check in the buffer where you have the python code what command
C-c RET is bound to?
With C-h k C-c RET

Shell command succeeded with no output suggests that is has a different
binding than the standard one in python-mode.

Did you happen to name your file 'test' or 'test.py?

C-c RET does an import and 'import test' imports a standard module test.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org