Python and webcam capture delay?

Nobody nobody at nowhere.com
Tue Jul 7 18:37:43 EDT 2009

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 09:01:39 +0300, jack catcher (nick) wrote:

> Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, such specifications aren't easy
> to find, even in reviews. Fortunately several newer webcams seem at
> least to use usb2.

Supporting USB-2 doesn't mean that the camera necessarily uses high-speed
(480Mbit/sec).

AFAIK, the only real difference between "USB-1 conformant" and "USB-2
conformant" is that the latter actually passed a test of its ability to
say "no, I can't do high-speed", while the former didn't. The check for
high-speed capability was designed such that it shouldn't cause problems
for USB-1 devices, but individual USB-1 devices weren't actually tested
for this.