Python Error from Apress book

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Tue Jul 7 15:17:42 EDT 2009

Matthew Edmondson wrote:
> Thanks a ton for the help. At first adding the path didn't work, but after
> restarting my computer, ran like a champ :)
>
> Hopefully I can get decent with this language one day!

All you needed was to restart the DOS-box (Command Prompt), after you
did the control-panel thing.  Those changes don't affect currently
running processes.

.
By the way, those "standalone executables" could very well be python
scripts.  Except for input redirection, all my single-file scripts work
fine stored there.  And if you add  .py and .pyw to the PATHEXT
environment variable, you can run them without extension, so they're
pretty much interchangeable with .exe files.

So I have a script called digest.py, and I run it from a directory I
want to analyze, by just typing
    digest  .