Remoting over SSH

Tim Harig usernet at ilthio.net
Tue Jul 7 10:58:34 EDT 2009

On 2009-07-07, Hussein B <hubaghdadi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to perform commands on a remote server over SSH.
> What do I need?

catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

There are many ways to remote using ssh.  If we know what you are trying to
do, maybe we could give you a better answer.  If you just want to open the
python interpreter interactively on another host you can do something like:

ssh -t user at host python

That will allow you send "commands" to the python interpeter.  You could
write a script and pipe it into the interpreter:

cat script.py | ssh -t user at host python

Maybe you want to open an ssh connection and send shell commands from a
python script.  You can do that using one of the popen2 functions:

http://docs.python.org/library/popen2.html