generation of keyboard events

Tim Harig usernet at ilthio.net
Sun Jul 5 12:12:37 EDT 2009

On 2009-07-05, RAM <serverin2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I need to start an external program and pass the keyboard events like
> F1,Right arrow key etc to the program..I am trying to use the
> subprocess module to invoke the external program. I am able to invoke
> but not able to generate the keyboard events and pass them on to the

catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You have told us nothing about the environment where you are trying to
accomplish this.  GUI, CLI, Unix, Windows, etc? So I suggest that you
checkout the curses getch functions.  You can find them in the standard
library documentation at http://docs.python.org.  You should also reference
documentation for the C version in your systems man pages.