How Python Implements "long integer"?

Pedram pm567426 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 08:09:49 EDT 2009

On Jul 5, 1:57 pm, Mark Dickinson <dicki... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 5, 8:38 am, Pedram <pm567... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I'm reading about implementation of long ints in Python. I downloaded
> > the source code of CPython and will read the longobject.c, but from
> > where I should start reading this file? I mean which function is the
> > first?
>
> I don't really understand the question:  what do you mean by 'first'?
> It might help if you tell us what your aims are.
>
> In any case, you probably also want to look at the Include/
> longintrepr.h and Include/longobject.h files.
>
> Mark

Thanks for reply,
Sorry I can't explain too clear! I'm not English ;)
But I want to understand the implementation of long int object in
Python. How Python allocates memory and how it implements operations
for this object?
Although, I'm reading the source code (longobject.c and as you said,
longintrepr.h and longobject.h) but if you can help me, I really
appreciate that.

Pedram