Reversible Debugging

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Jul 4 00:04:29 EDT 2009

En Fri, 03 Jul 2009 15:18:51 -0300, Patrick Sabin
<patrick.just4fun at gmail.com> escribió:

> I am interested if there are any python modules, that supports
> reversible debugging aka stepping backwards. Any links or ideas would be
> helpful, because I am thinking of implementing something like that.

Do you want reverse execution, like an undo function? Undo all changes
made by executing some piece of code?
There are many cases where that's hard to do, or impossible. How to undo
object destruction? How to undo external effects, like writing to files?
You should think carefully what can and cannot be done - good luck!

--
Gabriel Genellina