Open Source RSS Reader in Python?

member thudfoo thudfoo at opensuse.us
Thu Jul 2 15:10:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Alex<alex.lavoro.propio at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for an open source RSS reader (desktop, not online)
> written in Python but in vain. I am not looking for a package but a
> fully functional software.
>
> Google: python "open source" (rss OR feeds) reader
>
> Any clue ?
> --

rawdog is an RSS Aggregator Without Delusions Of Grandeur. It is a
"river of news"-style aggregator: it uses feedparser to download feeds
in RSS, Atom and a variety of other formats, and (by default) produces
static HTML pages containing the newest articles in date order. For
example, rawdog's default configuration produces output that looks
like this:

http://offog.org/code/rawdog.html