Direct interaction with subprocess - the curse of blocking I/O

spillz damienlmoore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:30:51 EDT 2009

On Jun 29, 3:15 pm, Pascal Chambon <chambon.pas... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I've had real issues with subprocesses recently : from a python script,
> on windows, I wanted to "give control" to a command line utility, i.e
> forward user in put to it and display its output on console. It seems
> simple, but I ran into walls :

If you are willing to have a wxPython dependency, wx.Execute handles
non-blocking i/o with processes on all supported platforms

more discussion of python's blocking i/o issues here:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/a037349e18f99630/60886b8beb55cfbc?q=#60886b8beb55cfbc