Newbie Question regarding __init__()

Simon dciphercomputing at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 14:22:26 EDT 2009

Hi

I want to create an instance of dcCursor which inherits from
dcObject.  When I run the following code it gives the error shown.
Can some explain to me what is wrong? I have included the dcObject.py
and dcCursor.py below.

>>>import dcObject
>>> import dcCursor
>>> x = dcCursor.dcCursor()
Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: __init__() takes no arguments (1 given)

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
# dcCursor.py - The base Cursor Class

from dcObject import dcObject

class dcCursor(dcObject):
    """The base Cursor Class"""
    def OpenCursor(tcTemp,tcTable):
        """Opens the specified cursor
        Parameters: tcTemp,tcTable"""
        pass

    def CreateCursor(tcTable):
        """Creates the specified cursor
        Parameters: tcTable"""
        pass

    def init_Exec():
        print("init_Exec called")

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
# dcObject.py - Base Object
class dcObject(object):
    """Base Object"""
    def __init__():
        """default init method has the form
        of init_Pre() and init_Exec
        init_Post()"""
        self.init_Pre() and self.init_Exec()
        self.init_Post()

    def init_Pre():
        """Always called before init_Exec()
        if it returns false init_Exec is
        not executed"""
        return True

    def init_Exec():
        """Base __init__ code goes here and this is
        only executed if init_Pre() returns true"""
        return True

    def init_Post():
        """Always called after the init_Pre() and
        init_Exec()"""
        return True