Creating xml

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:30:09 EDT 2009

It's been a while since I've played with XML using Python but I've been
asked to create XML using data from our postgres database.  Currently we are
generating XML directly from the database using a set of stored procedures
but it is too slow (yes, I have numbers).  I have been asked to create a
routine to generate the XML to see if it will be faster that the sprocs
(which I think it will be, based on other routines we have running).  But I
digress...

Using my favorite search engine I see that there is a lot of material on
Python and XML.  At the risk of starting something (which is not my
intention), what are my options if I want to create xml?  Ceratinly writing
my own routine is an option, but I bet there are better ones :-)

How about if I need/want to parse or process an XML file?

Thanks!

--greg