Problems in commands.getoutput(cmd) with sox

bbarbero at inescporto.pt bbarbero at inescporto.pt
Thu Jul 23 15:23:54 EDT 2009

Hello to all!

I am a new researcher, new to Python as well, and I have a problem,
when I try to get commands from sox in a python script. I am going
crazy, because this code has been working before.. so I dont really
know whats going on..

Ive already seen some solutions that match with what I have. I am
running this:

         if os.path.splitext(file_au)[1] == ".au":
           	resampled_file_path = os.path.join(resampled_path, file_au)
            	cmd = "sox " + dir_file + " -r 44100 " + resampled_file_path
            	print cmd
		output = commands.getoutput(cmd)
		print output

What i do, is just to resample a song from dir_file to
resampled_file_path. As a result of "cmd" I get:

sox /Volumes/HAL/Datasets/Audio/gtzan_genres/rock/rock.00097.au -r
44100
/Volumes/bmorab/Audio_Projecto/Data/gtzan_genres/resampled/rock/rock.00097.au

If I run this on the command line, it will work perfectly!

But The program stops at

  File
"/Volumes/bmorab/Audio_Projecto/Data/gtzan_genres/resamplingto44.py",
line 35
     output = commands.getoutput(cmd)
     ^
IndentationError: unexpected indent

I dont have any idea, whats going on, I am trying lot of things, but I
can understand where is the error as it has been running perfectly
before.

Any suggestions will be more than welcome! Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Beatriz Mora.