file write IOError Invalid argument

Robert Robert robertrobert93 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 16:41:39 EDT 2009

Hello All,
I am trying to write a binary string to file on a windows network share. I get an IOError. I've read that it is because the file size is too large. I did a type( binaryString) and saw that it was type "str". So I loop through it one by one element and use f.write to write to file, and it worked without any error. However it took a long while to write to file. I was wondering how I could split this binary string into N number of chunks efficiently and write them to file.
thanks,

rh