PDF: finding a blank image

DrLeif l.lensgraf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:44:44 EDT 2009

I have about 6000 PDF files which have been produced using a scanner
with more being produced each day.  The PDF files contain old paper
records which have been taking up space.   The scanner is set to
detect when there is information on the backside of the page (duplex
scan).  The problem of course is it's not the always reliable and we
wind up with a number of PDF files containing blank pages.

What I would like to do is have python detect a "blank" pages in a PDF
file and remove it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
DrL