Running a script to build docs from setup.py

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 12:33:43 EDT 2009

I want to write a setup.py script, using distutils, for a python library
called ROX-Lib2 (package name "rox"). The library includes a script to
build HTML documentation from the pydoc strings. I'd like to run that
script from setup.py but I don't know the best way to do that. I've
looked through the manual but I can't find any hooks in distutils for
generating files at install time other than extension modules and .pyc
files. Should I just run the script from somewhere in my setup.py before
calling distutils' setup function?

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk