DBI module deprecated at Python 2.5--what to use in its place?

dana dana_at_work at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 13:05:07 EDT 2009

I have a variety of Python 2.4 scripts that utilitize the DBI and ODBC
modules together. Although I don't have Python 2.5, I've been informed
the DBI module has been deprecated at 2.5. A few questions:

1) Although deprecated, will it work at all in 2.5? Does the fact that
it is deprecrated mean it has been removed entirely, or does Python
2.5 simply issuing a warning?

2) What do I use in place of DBI for my Python 2.4. scripts that
import modules DBI and ODBC together. I don't use DBI directly. It was
simply a dependency for the ODBC module as best I knew.

Thanks.

Dana