Tree structure consuming lot of memory

mayank gupta mooniitk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 05:55:26 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am creating a tree data-structure in python; with nodes of the tree
created by a simple class :

class Node :
       def __init__(self , .... other attributes):
              # initialise the attributes here!!

But the problem is I am working with a huge tree (millions of nodes); and
each node is consuming much more memory than it should. After a little
analysis, I found out that in general it uses about 1.4 kb of memory for
each node!!
I will be grateful if someone could help me optimize the memory usage.
Thanks.

Regards,
Mayank

--
I luv to walk in rain bcoz no one can see me crying