Wrapping comments

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 18:27:40 EDT 2009

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> I tried using Emacs via SSH from a Mac once. Made me run screaming for the
> nearest Windows box
> <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/dfad8bff6942e749>.

Interesting rant, but the problem is with the key bindings they chose to
use in Terminal.app program. Fortunately in leopard most of the problems
are now fixed, or can be configured to work in a non-broken fashion.
The rest of us, in the meantime, all switched to iTerm which, although
had some performance issues, behaved like we all expected terminals to
behave.

As far as terminal hell goes, I regularly find that when ssh-ing to
remote boxes that backspace doesn't work.  Or does in bash (because it's
 smart enough to play games) but not in vim.  Somehow sometimes over ssh
the key bindings for backspace get lost of messed up.