Python and webcam capture delay?

jack catcher (nick) nomail at thank.you
Sun Jul 5 11:26:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm thinking of using Python for capturing and showing live webcam
stream simultaneously between two computers via local area network.
Operating system is Windows. I'm going to begin with VideoCapture
extension, no ideas about other implementation yet. Do you have any
suggestions on how short delay I should hope to achieve in showing the
video? This would be part of a psychological experiment, so I would need
to deliver the video stream with a reasonable delay (say, below 100ms).