libsudo ?

Brian Allen Vanderburg II BrianVanderburg2 at aim.com
Thu Jan 29 23:58:41 EST 2009

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsudo
> If you had the choice of using pexpect or libsudo, which would you use ?

libsudo does all the work for you of executing sudo, checking for the
expected responses and all.  If all you need it for is to use sudo from
Python I suspect it would be easier than pexpect.

It is a C library however, so after being compiled and installed, you
will need to use ctypes to use it.  It is very simple, as the only
function to deal with is:

int runAs( char* command, char* password, char* user, int invalidate );