Sloooooowwwww WSGI restart

Aleksandar Radulovic alex at a13x.net
Thu Jan 29 04:15:27 EST 2009

Graham,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Graham Dumpleton
<Graham.Dumpleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, you are wrong to assume that an Apache restart is not be
> required.
> If you are using mod_wsgi embedded mode, or mod_python, then a code
> change will always require a full restart of Apache.

I am running several middleware apps I'm working on under mod_python
(simple setup using mod_python.publisher handler) and so far, haven't
had the reason to restart apache at all.

> Thus, the conjecture that Apache/mod_wsgi cannot be used and that
> CherryPy WSGI server or Paster server must be used when developing a
> Python web application is false. If using mod_wsgi then daemon mode

Not sure what (or whom) you're referring to. IMO, developing TG/Pylons/Django
apps is much convinient with embedded web server (cherrypy or paster) as
it is possible to do rapid development without resorting to restarts.

Example with Pylons:
$ paster serve development.ini --reload

This will start a subprocess which monitors file changes.

Regards,
alex.
--
a lex 13 x