Sloooooowwwww WSGI restart

Ron Garret rNOSPAMon at flownet.com
Wed Jan 28 20:11:52 EST 2009

In article <mailman.8228.1233179089.3487.python-list at python.org>,
 Aleksandar Radulovic <alex at a13x.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Ron Garret <rNOSPAMon at flownet.com> wrote:
> > I'm running a WSGI app under apache/mod_wsgi and I've noticed that
>
> Off the bat, there's no reason to run an app under apache/mod_wsgi
> while developing it,
> ie. if u use Pylons or TurboGears, there's an easier way to serve the
> app (using paster
> or cherrypy).

Yes, I know.  I guess I'm just a masochist.  But this would be an issue
in production as well.  I don't want to have to go down for a minute
every time I push a new release.

> Secondly, why are you restarting apache after code changes? In normal
> circumstances, you shouldn't have to do that.

I thought (and experiment confirms) that only the main WSGI app file
gets reloaded automatically when it changes, not the libraries.

rg