New to python, open source Mac OS X IDE?

Benjamin J. Racine bjracine at glosten.com
Wed Jan 28 15:20:30 EST 2009

I've tried Wing IDE professional, vim, textmate, and PyDev and am intrigued by each one for different reasons.  Whichever module browser I get more comfortable between Wing and PyDev/Eclipse is probably the direction I will end up going.  Further, if I get the Hg and SVN plugins for PyDev/Eclipse up and running, I think I will probably go in that direction, but will probably still need to use a wxPython GUI constructor like BOA or Glade.

I have vim key-bindings in all four, so at least I don't fumble over that.  I really haven't been able to decide yet... You could go to showmedo.com in order to see ipython, wing and pydev/eclipse all in action.

HTH,

Ben