Addition of multiprocessing ill-advised?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 28 08:58:05 EST 2009

Jesse Noller wrote:
[...]
> So yes, I see Steve's point - multiprocessing *was* disruptive, and it
> inclusion late in the game siphoned off resources that could have been
> used elsewhere. Again, I'll take the responsibility for soiling the
> pool this way. I do however think, that python 2.6 is overall a
> *fantastic* release both feature wise, quality wise and is quite
> useful for people who want to "get things done" (tm).

Overall I completely agree. And I don't think the decision to include it
was down to you anyway, though you were certainly urging it. It was a
release management issue. And 2.6 *is* a good release.

> Now I'm going to go back to fixing bugs.

Don't forget those PyCon talks!

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119