Recommendation for a small web framework like Perl's CGI::Application to run as CGI?

excord80 excord80 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:15:14 EST 2009

On Jan 27, 4:52 pm, Tim Chase <python.l... at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
> > I need to make a small, relatively low-traffic site that users can
> > create accounts on and log into. Scripts must run as cgi (no
> > mod_python or FastCGI is available). Can anyone recommend a small and
> > simple web framework for Python, maybe similar to Perl's
> > CGI::Application?
>
> > Or would it just be better to roll my own?
>
> What are you looking for in your framework?

Well, let's see. I don't need a templating library, since -- as you
pointed out -- I can just use Python's own. I don't need a db
interface (can just make my own dbapi calls if needed). Don't need url
mapping (can just use mod_rewrite rules in my .htaccess to point at my
cgi scripts). Don't think I need any i80n. And I don't need an admin
interface. ... It would seem that I don't need a whole lot at the
moment.