How many followers of comp.lang.python

Mark Wooding mdw at distorted.org.uk
Tue Jan 27 15:22:57 EST 2009

Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid> writes:

> I've always found comp.lang.c to be a rather dangerous place as well.

Hey, I grew up in comp.lang.c!

I'd have to agree with you, though.  (I try to play nice when I'm here.)
In fact, comp.lang.* generally has a reputation as a place you don't
want to find yourself after dark...

> Of the newsgroups I read, c.l.python is probably the most friendly and
> has one of the highest S/N ratios.  People who would have been roasted
> alive in other newsgroups for their laziness or presumptuousness get
> surprisingly gentle treatment in c.l.python.  I do know of a few
> low-volume mailing lists that are probably as good, but for a Usenet
> news group with any volume at all, c.l.pythong is exceptionally good.

I certainly agree with this.  And it's definitely a spirit that's worth
preserving.

-- [mdw]