How many followers of comp.lang.python

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Tue Jan 27 12:13:28 EST 2009

On 2009-01-27, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:

> Please visit comp.databases or comp.lang.javascript for really
> unfriendly and unhelpful places where few happens except
> "bickering and name-calling".

I've always found comp.lang.c to be a rather dangerous place as
well.

Of the newsgroups I read, c.l.python is probably the most
friendly and has one of the highest S/N ratios.  People who
would have been roasted alive in other newsgroups for their
laziness or presumptuousness get surprisingly gentle treatment
in c.l.python.  I do know of a few low-volume mailing lists
that are probably as good, but for a Usenet news group with any
volume at all, c.l.pythong is exceptionally good.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I wonder if I should
                                  at               put myself in ESCROW!!