Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Mon Jan 26 02:22:04 EST 2009

"Paul Rubin" <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:
> > We're not talking specifically about Python standard library changes,
> > we're talking about any project which may have more entertaining *cough*
> > policies regarding API changes.
>
> Oh, yes, I see what you mean.  That's a problem even in small
> projects, sometimes even in 1-person projects.

I think it is more prevalent in single person projects than what we
have the honesty to admit -

After all, if *I* am writing the code, then *I* can do what *I* want,
and often *I* do, much to *my* chagrin, when the effects strike
home.  Do I talk about it?  - No way!  I just quietly fix it.

Sometimes too much freedom is not such a good thing - it leads
to all sort of effects of which API spec. creep is one of the least.

- Hendrik