v = json.loads("{'test':'test'}")

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Jan 25 18:40:09 EST 2009

>> But all of this is not JSON.
>
> Yes it is, you just make it more python dictionary compatible :)

No, what you do is to make it more incompatible with other
json-implementations. Which defies the meaning of a standard.

Besides, {foo : "bar"} is *not* python dictionary compatible, at least
not unless you defined foo beforehand, and then there is no guarantee
that foo is actually as string containing 'foo'.

Go try your luck - http://www.json.org/

> Besides if you can make lightweight versions of standards
> http://docs.python.org/library/xml.dom.minidom.html

minidom is a lightweight version of the DOM-API. But it reads and writes
standard-conform XML documents.

The same applies for element-tree and lxml.

So it does not serve as a counter-example.

> You can defenatly add lightweight quotes to json.

If you bring all other implementors of all other languages to
simultaneously do so - yes, you can. Again, good luck with that.

Diez