Web authentication urllib2

Sat Jan 24 13:41:32 EST 2009

Gabriel wrote:
> Yep, i realize this a minute after posting, sorry.
>
> And thank you again .)
>
> Steve Holden wrote:
I'll offer a couple of pointers about what we all expect here.
Please treat this as advice, not a shout of disapproval.

(1) Do not top post (put your response above the previous interaction).
(2) When quoting previous interactions, cut until the portion you are
     quoting provides enough context to make your post's context
     comprehensible, but only that much context.
(3) When you figure out you problem, especially on your own, summarize
     back in a final message what went wrong and how you fixed it.

The reasons for these three rules are:
(1) The message can be read in order, rather than reading up and down.
(2) People _do_ have access to the previous messages (albeit sometimes
     only with some effort).  The message should be comprehensible on its
     own, but your reader can go back for more detail if it turns out to
     be vital.  You don't want to grow your message to the point where
     someone who might help you says, "I don't have time to read that."
(3) Generally it is a good idea to search for answers before asking.
     It can be incredibly frustrating to discover someone else had
     previously seen exactly the same problem you are bashing your
     head into the wall about, follow the chain, and finally read,
     "Never mind, I figured it out." without a clue to what was
     determined.

If you read comp.lang.python for a while, you'll see this is the
norm for messages here, and these behaviors help make this a more
pleasant place to read and write.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org