About SCons Re: progress: compiling python2.5 under msys (specifically but not exclusively under wine) with msvcr80

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 06:26:34 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Roumen Petrov

>> I would better use SCons for both unix and windows builds. In case of
>> windows for both compilers - mingw and microsoft ones. To port curses
>> extension to windows I need to know what gcc options mean, what are
>> the rules to write Makefiles and how to repeat these rules as well as
>> find options in visual studio interface. Not mentioning various
>> platform-specific defines and warning fixes.
>
> Did you select one of existing curses library for windows ?

I've selected PDCurses and successfully compiled the module and run
demos manually - you may see the batch and the patch at
http://bugs.python.org/issue2889

However, I was asked for VS2008 project file and this is where it all
stopped for 8 months already. First I couldn't get the VS2008, then it
refused to run on my W2K and now I can't get enough time to learn it
(including that I have 50%/40% experience in PHP/Python and only 5%/5%
C/Java).

--
--anatoly t.