Stalled ticket in Python bug tracker

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Sat Jan 24 03:39:21 EST 2009

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> I'm interested in this ticket in the bug tracker:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue2527
>
> but it seems to have been stalled for nine months. Is there a procedure
> for starting it up again? Should I ask about it on the python-dev mailing
> list, or just wait until somebody happens to notice it?
>
> Peter Otten, if you're reading this, is your offer to jump through the
> necessary hoops still standing?

I guess what killed any chance for the patch to be included was that there
was a "competing" patch that I asked to be reversed. Also, just saying that
you are willing to provide docs and test didn't work either.

What's needed then as a 'sine qua non' is an updated patch against the tip
with documentation and tests.

If you don't beat me to it I may give it another try, but probably not
before next month.

Peter