OCaml, Language syntax, and Proof Systems

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Fri Jan 23 19:36:58 EST 2009

Xah Lee wrote:
> ok, i've been reading these Ocaml tutorials in the past few days:
>
> intro to ocaml, from official site
> http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual003.html
>
> “Objective CAML Tutorial”, most cited tutorial on the web
> http://www.ocaml-tutorial.org/
>
> The best one, is the one is
> “Introduction to Caml”
> http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~scott/pl/lectures/caml-intro.html
> by Dr Scott Smith of Johns Hopkins U, apparently a lecture note.
> I found it by as one of the top result from google search.

You may also appreciate the freely-available first chapter of my book OCaml
for Scientists:

  http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists/chapter1.html

And the freely-available first chapter of The OCaml Journal:

  http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/free/introduction.html

I also recommend Jason Hickey's book which, I believe, is due to be
published by Cambridge University Press soon:

  http://www.cs.caltech.edu/courses/cs134/cs134b/book.pdf

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?u