The First Law Of comp.lang.python Dynamics

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Fri Jan 23 15:46:57 EST 2009

Tim Rowe wrote:
> 2009/1/23 Kay Schluehr <kay.schluehr at gmx.net>:
>> Whatever sufficiently sophisticated topic was the initially discussed
>> it ends all up in a request for removing reference counting and the
>> GIL.
>
> Well, maybe, but it seems to me that the real issue here is that we
> need to remove reference counting and the GIL.

Perhaps, but you could also say that if it was that widely discussed and
still not changed that it was for a *good* reason, perhaps the reason
may change over time but at this moment it is still a good reason.

Or you can argue that even when an argument is repeated indefinitely it
doesn't make it suddenly right.

--
mph