DrPython and py2exe

imageguy imageguy1206 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:38:39 EST 2009

But the irritating thing is that DOS window stays open until
> particular instance of DrPython isn't closed.

This is a relatively simple fix I think.
You can change the extension of the drPython.py to drpython.pyw and
the python windows
executable (pythonw.exe) will launch the program instead of the
traditional
executable (python.exe).

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "drpython.py", line 46, in <module>
>    File "wxversion.pyc", line 152, in select
> wxversion.VersionError: Requested version of wxPython not found

check out the wiki on 'multi version installs'.
http://wiki.wxpython.org/MultiVersionInstalls

drPython is probably selecting a specific version of wxpython and
py2exe doesn't like it or
can't find it. Once you solve that, py2exe will work fine with
wxpython.