A different kind of interface

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 22 11:27:22 EST 2009

Doug Morse wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:13:49 -0800 (PST), Vic Kelson <Vic.Kelson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>>  How about IDLE? It's a nice tool for the Python programmer. I've tried
>>  lots of IDEs, but when it comes down to it, on small-to-medium jobs I
>>  am be very productive indeed using IDLE...
>>
>>  --v
>
> I find Stani's Python Editor (SPE) also good for small to medium jobs, and I
> think that it might achieve many of the OP's objectives.

If you just want something small and Python-specific then DrPython is
also a reasonable choice. It uses the Scintilla editor component that is
also used by Scite, another possibility (though personally I find the
bare Scite editor just a little too tweaky to configure).

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119