is this pythonic?

TP Tribulations at Paralleles.invalid
Thu Jan 22 08:32:00 EST 2009

Peter Otten wrote:

> If you can change the rest of your program to work smoothly with a
> dictionary I would suggest the following:
[snip]
>>> from collections import defaultdict
[snip]

Thanks a lot.
I didn't know defaultdict. It is powerful.

I begin to understand that people prefer using dictionaries than lists, so
as to take advantage of their automatic lookup feature.

--
python -c "print ''.join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in '*9(9&(18%.\
9&1+,\'Z4(55l4('])"

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong." (first law of AC Clarke)