Start Python at client side from web app

Thomas Guettler hv at tbz-pariv.de
Thu Jan 22 06:38:10 EST 2009

Diez B. Roggisch schrieb:

>> 2) create a localhost web server, for the client side manipulation.
>> Then have your remote webserver render a form that posts via
>> javavscript to the localhost webserver.  The localhost server would
>> post back in
>> the same way.
>
> AFAIK the JS security model prevents that.

A page requested from "http://myintranetserver/" can redirect to "http://localhost:myport/myapp/?foo=..."

this would work.

But how should the web server at localhost be started? You need to write
a Windows service. I guess that's not very easy, since I am not used to windows programming.

  Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/