Problem with 3.0 Install on Windows

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 21 08:34:19 EST 2009

Saul Spatz wrote:
> I'm running python 2.5.x on Windows XP, and I installed 3.0, just to get
> familiar with it.  I have a directory with all my python projects in my
> PYTHONPATH variable.  When I try to run python 3.0, it detects a syntax
> error (a print statement) in the first file in this directory, and
> crashes.  I don't want to convert the files to 3.0 syntax, because I
> plan to keep using 2.5, at least for a while.

What's the name of that file? Does it clash with some system module that
the interpreter is trying to load? In circumstances like this a
traceback printout is always more helpful than a verbal description of
the behavior.

> I don't know exactly why this translation is happening.  Is there a way
> to turn it off?

"Translation"?

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119