James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Wed Jan 21 00:41:09 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Russ P. <Russ.Paielli at gmail.com> wrote:
(...)

> Let me explain, moron. I don't need enforced data hiding for the
> prototype I am working on now, because it's only a prototype that will
> be converted into another more suitable language for the end product.
> I am just interested in the idea of someday being able to go directly
> from prototype to end product in Python. It's not an immediate need,
> but a long-term concern. Can you comprehend that, genius?

And you're seriously going to sit there in your fancy office
and state that Python isn't suitable ? You're stupider than
we give you credit for. But that's okay - because although you
"claim" to be a Software Engineer (I don't believe you) - you
probably have no idea about Process, Code Review,
Unit Testing, Z, ...

> But I doubt it will ever come to pass, because it is clear that much
> of the Python community has no clue about what is required for large-
> scale, safety-critical software engineering.

I guarantee that this is not the case, only that those that
actually -do- use python for large scale projects or even mission
critical or safety critical systems probably can't be bothered to
waste their time with the likes of you.

> If people here said that Python just shouldn't worry about that
> domain, that would be fair enough. But three or four people on this
> thread have claimed now that Python is perfectly suitable for any
> project, no matter the size or the safety criticality. The idea that
> someone that clueless could actually be in a position to make such a
> choice for a real system someday is, frankly, a bit frightening.

http://www.google.com/

--JamesMills