Regular Expressions...

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Jan 20 22:24:06 EST 2009

In article <mailman.6761.1231368863.3487.python-list at python.org>,
Ken D'Ambrosio <ken.dambrosio at segway.com> wrote:

>Hi, all.  As a recovering Perl guy, I have to admit I don't quite "get"
>the re module.

Refer to the following every time you want to use regexes in Python:

'Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
regular expressions."  Now they have two problems.'
--Jamie Zawinski, comp.emacs.xemacs, 8/1997

Although there are times when regexes are your best option, Python has
many other good options for processing strings, and your code readability
will usually increase if you try one of them first.