function to find the modification date of the project

Mon Jan 19 19:07:35 EST 2009

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:19:39 -0700, Joe Strout wrote:

> James Mills wrote:
>
>> You know you could just store a __version__ attribute in your main
>> library (__init__.py). :)
>
> What, and update it manually?  I don't trust myself to remember to do
> that every time!

Presumably you have some sort of procedure for releasing software,
("Does it pass all the unit tests? Website updated? Okay, now ship it!").
Perhaps what you need is to add to that procedure a unit test that you
run before each release (but not during development) which fails if you
haven't updated the version number.

Also you should consider submitting a feature request for listdir() to
accept the empty string as equivalent to '.'.

--
Steven