string formatting documentation

Mon Jan 19 16:43:05 EST 2009

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:38:02 +0000, Alan G Isaac wrote:

> But of more interest: you claim PEP 4 is not relevant, and that old
> string formatting is NOT deprecated. I would like assurance that it is
> not deprecated. Can you back that?

If you want to know what python-dev have in mind, you have to ask them,
not me.

But as I see it, the earliest % formatting could be removed would be
Python 3.2: Python 3.1 to get a formal deprecation warning, with
removal no earlier than 3.2. So you've got about a year to change their
mind about deprecating the old style, or alternatively, a year to get
used to the new style, followed by another year for % to go away
completely.

--
Steven