*Advanced* Python book?

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 01:47:20 EST 2009

On Jan 16, 9:27 pm, mk <mrk... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I looked for it I swear, but just can't find it.
>
> Most Python books seem to focus on examples of how to call functions
> from standard library. I don't need that, I have online Python
> documentation for that.
>
> I mean really advanced mental gymnastics, like gory details of how
> Python objects operate, how to exploit its dynamic capabilities, dos and
> donts with particular Python objects, advanced tricks, everything from
> chained decorators to metaprogramming. Dive Into Python comes closest to
> this ideal from what I have found, but still not far enough.
>
> Anybody found such holy grail?
>
> Regards,
> mk

"Expert Python Programming" by Tarek Ziadé is quite good and I wrote
a review for it:

There is plenty of info about Advanced Python on the net, much more
than in book form. Come to think of it, there are my Oxford lectures
(the title was exactly "Advanced Python Programming") and I could
republish it on my blog, since I cannot find them on the net anymore.

           Michele Simionato