Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 00:51:32 EST 2009

On Jan 13, 2:48 am, "Russ P." <Russ.Paie... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I started looking at Scala a while back. It is has many nice features.
> It seamlessly combines object orientation with advanced functional
> programming.

I don't like that. Scala was designed with the idea of putting
together the two worlds, by I think the result was to get the
complications of both worlds. I don't think a SML-like functional
language needs to be integrated with object orientation, it is fine
just without it. The old quote
applies:

"""
Programming languages should be designed not by piling feature on top
of feature, but by removing the weaknesses and restrictions that make
additional features appear necessary. -- William Clinger
"""