can someone tell me why this doesn't work please python 3

Wed Jan 14 18:08:12 EST 2009

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:45:58 -0800, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> Personally -- I'd accept anything that started with the character:
>
> 	while True:
> 		password = input(prompt).lower()
> 		if password.startswith("y"):
> 			return True
> 		elif password.startswith("n"):
> 			return False
[...]

>>> response = input("Shall I delete all your files? ").lower()
Shall I delete all your files? Ye gods, NOOO!!!!!
>>> if response.startswith('y'): print "Deleting files now"
Deleting files now

There are times where being flexible in what you accept is *not* a virtue.

--
Steven