Paul Rubin http
Wed Jan 14 11:58:46 EST 2009

Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid> writes:
> Russ argument was about "good engineering", not about raw perfs. FWIW,
> _you_ may be willing to trade dynamism for raw perfs, but there are
> probably some people here that won't agree.

Obviously there will never be total unanimity about every tiny thing.
I haven't anywhere in this thread as far as I know suggested
eliminating dynamism from Python, which would be in "that's not Python
any more" territory.  But, in the dozens of class definitions I write
in any given day of coding, I might use the dynamism we're talking
about in 1% of them at most.  If having to type a few extra keystrokes
on that 1% improves program reliabiity AND performance, it certainly
seems worth it to me.