Paul Rubin http
Wed Jan 14 11:45:46 EST 2009

Luis Zarrabeitia <kyrie at uh.cu> writes:
> Why don't you do it backwards?
> You *can* implement a metaclass that will remove the dynasmism from its
> instances. Do it - I can give you a starting point if you wish.

That's kind of interesting, how does it work?

> But most of us are very happy with the dynamic nature of python... I chose
> python _because_ of it.

I like it too, since it is indispensable in some situations.  But,
those situations are uncommon enough that I don't mind typing a few
extra keystrokes to turn the dynamism on.

> Btw, for performance, there is __slots__,

That is a good point, we somehow lost sight of that in this thread.

> with the side-effect that it forbids attribute creation 'on the
> fly'.

I have had the impression that this is a somewhat accidental side
effect and shouldn't be relied on.