Wed Jan 14 07:07:43 EST 2009

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:53:33 +0000, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:14:06 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:25:38 +1000, James Mills wrote:

>>> No I"m sorry this is not a valid use-case.
>>
>> Why not? Just saying it isn't doesn't make it not.
>
> Because "developer" means people who don't mess with implementation
> details.  So they respect the leading underscore convention.  No use
> case for enforced access restriction.

O rly? *raise eyebrow*

http://www.clausbrod.de/cgi-bin/view.pl/Blog/
WebHome#DefinePrivatePublic20080413_This

or http://snipurl.com/a0ujm

Sometimes developers have to work around encapsulation in their own code:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=386856

Sometimes they do it just because they can:

http://java-interview-faqs.blogspot.com/2008/08/hacking-by-reflection-
accessing-private.html
or http://snipurl.com/a0tox

And try this: