r rt8396 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 22:31:56 EST 2009

> public = no leading underscore
> private = one leading underscore
> protected = two leading underscores
>
> Python uses encapsulation by convention rather than by enforcement.

Very well said Terry!

I like that python does not force me to do "everything" but does force
things like parenthesis in a function/method call whether or not an
argument is required/expected. This makes for very readable code.
Visual parsing a Python file is very easy on the eyes due to this fact
-- Thanks Guido! We do not need to add three new keywords when there
is an accepted Pythonic way to handle public/private/protected